Actor / comedian / voice over artist, teacher, improv workshop leader, author, key note Publix speaker and Legend Hank Garrett works on his new 2020 book.
His Manager Deanna Marie Smith announced the big book news right after the Hollywood icon landed from receiving the worlds best fight scene in movie history award in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hank Garrett was born in Monticello, New York. His parents soon relocated to Harlem, New York. At age 15 Hank started performing in the Catskill Mountains, and turned professional wrestler at age 17 (by lying about his age). A small sample of his credits are: Officer Nicholson on the TV sit-com “Car 54, Where Are You,” Muscles Malone in “Serpico” (starring Al Pacino), and as the award-winning assassin in “Three Days of the Condor” (starring Robert Redford), and voices on “GI Joe” and “Garfield.”
- Opened as comedian for Tony Bennett for several years at Copa Cabana in New York, Sands Hotel in Las Vegas, London Paladium, etc.
- First white comedian to perform at the world known Apollo Theatre in Harlem, NY.
- Regular on English BBC TV Show starring David Frost – “That Was the Week That Was” (18 months)
- Winner of New York Film Critics Award for “Three Days of the Condor” (played Killer Mailman)
- Has appeared in countless movies / TV shows (as shown in Google / IMDB)
- Listed in “Wrestling Hall of Fame” – was professional wrestler for 9 years
- Listed in “Karate Hall of Fame”
- Competition Power Lifter and Body Builder
- Did voices for following cartoons series: GI Joe (Dialtone) / Garfield (Fluffy + Fast Eddy)
- Raises monies for disabled US veterans (was Front-Line entertainment during Vietnam War). Has raised $53,000 + to date.
- Speaks to youth at Juvenile Detention Centers around country — (note: Rec’d many letters from kids – available upon request)
- Recently began speaking at Adult Prisons – (Note: Rec’d letters — available upon request)
- Teaches – acting coach for actors with Martial Arts background
- City of L.A. guidance on wearing face coverings in public - May 14, 2020
- What You Really Need To Do That You Do Not Get Covid-19 The Coronavirus - April 22, 2020
- How To Protect Yourself From Covid 19 – The Latest News From CDC - April 18, 2020