After four weeks of closure, many stores are able to reopen today. With security and obligatory masks.
After one months of Shutdown, the majority of Austrian stores may open again. 14.300 stores go back to a “new-normal”.
The building supply stores are among the first ones to reopen. Also garden supplies, car wash establishments, Gas Stations, workshops and pawn shops plus precious metal trade.
Store occupancy is strictly controlled by security companies, 200 Sqf per person and entrance corridors with floor markers for social distancing.
New store hours are equivalent from dusk to down. 7.40 am to 7.00 pm.
Furniture stores may not open yet.
The economy local entrepreneurs say will hardly recover, cause maybe a washing mashine purchase is delayed but clients are not going for a double haircut when the hairdressers open, reports Monika Köppl-Turyna in OE24.at one of Europe’s leading news media.
Austria, which initially instituted one of Europe’s strictest lock downs has a further schedule:
- 2nd of May: Opening of all large stores and shopping centers.
- 15th of May: Hotels, Restaurants, Cafe’s
- 18th of May: Beauty Salons
- 1st of June: Fitness Centers.
The world is lucking into opening the economy measures and may learn a lot from the Austrian plans.
- Austria Opens Stores Again Today - April 14, 2020
- Amazon Go Grocery – A Smooth New Shopping Experience! - March 17, 2020